Sunday, 28 September 2014

A New Focus on Form

A lovely little 7 k run on this beautiful sunny September Sunday morning has made for a great start to the day.

I usually get a session on the spin bike daily but it doesn't match the satisfying effects of a run outdoors. Maybe I need to pick up the pace on the bike, lol.

I haven't logged a heap of mileage lately, but I did just finish up a 30 Day Challenge in flexibility and strength work from a site called Kinetic Revolution. The coach is James Dunne. It was tough in places, but the emphasis on squat-type movement has certainly been worth it. I feel new strength in my quads and calves. I am also more conscious of a more fluid and efficient form. I would definitely recommend the program. They offer a 6 week running focused program as well. It's quite reasonable in price, so I am giving it a serious look right now.

James does a great job with this. His instruction is clear. If you have an interest in improving your form, and ultimately your pace, you'll appreciate what he has to offer. Some of the routines rely on upper body strength. I would recommend taking great care in these sections. Listen to your body and take it easy.


No comments:

Post a Comment