Monday, 24 October 2016

Back.....

Safe to say, I wasn't running for time tonight. Far from it. An easy 7 k, and the best of the lot was barely over 7 minutes. But it was meant to be easy. It's great when things finally go as planned, LOL.

A two month semi-hiatus from solid and consistent running since late summer brought me to a point where the time had come to just get out and stay at it for a few kilometers. I expected it to be painful, but in truth, it was easy. I'd have to say mildly successful, given there were no twinges of pain, or complete failure in either calf, air was good, and energy never waned. Maybe it's the regular 60 min plus biking over since mid August or the priority I gave to adequate rest. Whatever, it's a time for a fresh new look.

None of those habits were running and they  didn't offer a feeling of total relaxation, neither did they give that meditative release I had been getting from regular runs for years.

Touching base here will hopefully offer a little reminder. Time to keep going; enjoy the cool fall nights, if the weather really sucks stay with the treadmill. Whatever the case, keep moving. Stay simple, have fun and build the base. Upright and smiling all the way.

2 comments:

  1. Good job..im hoping gor a healthy return in the spring

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...maybe a little blogging will keep me going.

      Delete